How You Can Help
Common Ground enjoys strong support community-wide, including corporate and small business sponsors, community organizations, the city of Mason, Mason City Schools, grant money, non-profit organizations and support from individuals. The Mason Parks & Recreation Foundation has a clear plan in place to make Common Ground a reality.
Support to Date
- Purchase of land by the City of Mason ($105,000)
- Land excavation ($400,000)
- Development of access bridge and access road ($400,000) – $300,000 from State of Ohio grant
- Additional $150,000 from:
- Business sponsorships
- Individual donations
- In-kind gifts and services
To commemorate all partners in this collaborative venture, the project site will contain monument signage. Corporate and individual sponsorships are available.
A True Community Effort
As with all community-focused projects, the more partners that join in the effort, the more successful the project, and the more quickly this park becomes a reality for our residents and neighbors. Your donation and active involvement will support a playground that is the first of its kind not only in Mason, but also throughout greater Cincinnati. All donations to the Mason Parks & Recreation Foundation, a nonprofit (501(c)3) organization, are tax deductible. We’re over 1/3 of the way there!
Always a Place to Serve
In addition to gifts of cash and matching gifts to support Common Ground, there is also an opportunity to:
- Volunteer time, energy and expertise to a committee or event.
- Contribute materials, services or money to a project or endowment fund.
- Make a gift through your estate such as a charitable remainder unitrust, real estate, stocks, securities, life insurance or direct donation through your will.