* Rendering is conceptual for representational purposes only. Final design will be dependent on available funding.
Why Adaptive Ball Fields?
- Fields designed to remove barriers often found at typical baseball fields.
- Constructed out of synthetic turf
- No raised surfaces
- Fields require less maintenance
- Fully fenced fields to increase safety for players who are at a higher risk of running.
- Large dugouts allowing all coaches and teammates to sit together.
- Seating so all family members can enjoy the game.
- Makino Park, a location providing accessible amenities for families and friends to experience while at the game.
- Common Ground Playground
- FC Mini Pitch soccer field
- Accessible walkways, parking, shelter area, and restrooms
To help make the fields feel even more like real fields, the wish list also includes the following. These would be an addition to the $2.1 million needed to build the fields.
- Lights for nighttime games
- A scoreboard
- Project Home
- Adaptive Ball Fields Construction
- Sponsorship Opportunities